Types of wood glue. Principles of the right choice
- Main types of Lux-X wood glue and their characteristics
- What should you look for when choosing glue?
- What type of wood glue is better?
As new brands are constantly appearing and chemical glue formulations are being improved, not only ordinary people but professionals often arise a question: which wood glue is best suited for efficient bonding of substrates? To find out what types of glue with their basic characteristics and properties exist, we have prepared this article.
Many representatives of manufacturing companies or private individuals prefer buying foreign goods, since they believe that their quality is much higher than that of similar products of Ukrainian origin. We decided to dispel this myth and prove that the domestic manufacturer can fully satisfy all modern inquiries regarding the quality of glue. Lux-X has been producing high-quality dispersion adhesives for 20 years, which are in demand both among the largest companies in Ukraine and abroad.
Main types of Lux-X wood glue and their characteristics
You can find two main types of adhesives for furniture and woodworking on our website:
- PVA is the most popular among types of wood glues and bonding wooden parts when assembling furniture. Polyvinyl acetate (PVA) is known to every single person since school, since it was often used for gluing paper products. The company "Lux" produces a line of glue based on PVA: PVA "Lux", PVA "Lux" D2, PVA "Lux" D3 and its modifications, as well as dispersion PVA. In wood processing, waterproof adhesives are most often used. The most popular is PVA "Lux" D3. This group of glues is used in the manufacture of kitchen furniture, wooden floors, stairs, splicing timber for windows, etc. PVA "Lux" has successfully proved itself in many enterprises, since they are made of high quality raw materials, including European production, their quality are confirmed by domestic and foreign certificates according to EN 204/205: 2001 on water resistance and adhesive strength.
- Hot melt is also a very popular adhesive for woodworking and furniture production for gluing edges, wrapping postforming, etc. Advantages of hot melt adhesives are as follows: easy application, fast setting speed and good level of adhesion. "Lux-X" provides a hotmelt adhesive of English producer "BeardowAdams" as ТМ ВАМ and BAMFutura, which does not form a deposit when working on equipment, has no smell, does not pull threads and does not smear. When hot melt adhesives are produced, the quality is checked at every stage of its manufacturing, so that you can use it for your purposes with maximum efficiency.
What should you look for when choosing glue?
- When choosing PVA glue for woodworking, first of all pay attention to its smell: The glue must have a fresh smell typical of PVA. The structure of the glue must be uniform, free of foreign impurities, lumps and inclusions. The adhesive film after drying should be transparent, so as not to spoil the appearance of the finished product.
- When choosing a hot melt, we always recommend testing new brands in your production. The glue must be suitable for the equipment type, operation speed, application unit, color of products produced, and so on. The company "Lux-X" not only provides free samples for testing to potential customers, but also organizes the arrival of a technologist to your enterprise to set up the equipment and start the glue.
What type of wood glue is better?
To determine as precisely as possible which glue is more suitable, you can provide samples of bonded materials and objective to the scientific laboratory of SPE "Lux-X". Chemical engineers competently select a brand from the available assortment for you, or develop a new one, taking into account all the features of your production.