Hot melt adhesives application guide
Please follow these instructions when working with hot melt adhesives:
- Keep the adhesive free from dust and moisture.
- Keep the adhesive application system clean.
- Observe recommended temperature.
- Reduce tank temperature during long downtime.
- Refill the tank systematically maintaining the recommended level.
- Make sure the tank lid is kept closed.
- Use personal protective equipment when cleaning the system.
- Don’t use too cold materials to be bonded.
- Never re-use spilled adhesive.
Factors affecting bond quality:
- application temperature;
- temperature and humidity of materials to be bonded;
- characteristics of materials to be bonded;
- external factors;
- temperature at production site.
- perform maintenance and servicing (cleaning of tank, adhesive application units, replacement of filters etc.);
- timely replace defective parts.
Storage recommendations: store adhesive in cold dry place according to the manufacturer’s recommendations.