Painted glass-fiber mat or fiberglass web allows saving energy and time spent on leveling the surfaces of the ceiling and walls during regular remodeling. The application of glass-fiber mats is becoming increasingly important for finishing and strengthening internal surfaces and removing numerous small flaws.
Glass-fiber mat is an environmentally friendly material made from mineral glass fibers and organic resins. It is a continuous nonwoven fabric, consisting of randomly glued fibers, without a marked pattern and having great tensile strength.
"Lux" glass tissue glue
To choose the right adhesive for glass-fiber mat, you need to pay attention to certain characteristics of the product before buying it:
- Despite the fact that glass-fibre mat is a relatively light material, the glue used for pasting it should have very strong adhesion since its function is to withstand the weight of putty and paint applied over the glass-fibre mat.
- The adhesive must be polymer-based as starch-based adhesives cannot tolerate the additional moisture contained in the putty that is applied over the glass-fibre mat.
- The adhesive should contain at least 15% of the main substance – polymer, which determines the strength and durability of the joint as well as moisture resistance.
Prices for Glass Tissue Adhesives
|Container, kg||Price, UAH|
In practice, we often encounter situations where the glass-fiber mat adhesive’s application requirements cannot always be met during remodeling:
- The temperature in the room is higher or lower than recommended for gluing;
- The ready-to-use adhesive is diluted with water at the builders' discretion;
- Cheap putty with high sand content is used to fill glass-fibre mat, doubling the adhesive load;
- Builders try to save time, and don’t wait for complete drying of the surface after gluing the glass-fibre mat and start puttying and painting in less than 24 hours.
Therefore, when developing the recipe for "Lux" wallpaper glue we have laid a certain "safety margin", and its durability has been tested by many years of experience and been confirmed by many craftsmen-builders.
Glass tissue glue application rules
- Prepare the surfaces to be glued, cleaning them of dirt and dust. Perform a "start" surface filler.
- Prime surfaces with "Lux" glue in the ratio of 1 part glue and 2 parts water.
- The special glass-fibre mat glue should be applied directly to the wall, and not to the adhesive tape.
- Lay the linen butt-end, carefully levelling with a spatula.
- After gluing the fiberglass, the surface is again primed with the diluted glue.
- After complete drying, the surfaces are filled with the finish putty, cleaned with a wire lath and primed with the diluted glue.
- The last stage is painting the walls or otherwise decorating the surfaces.
Where can you buy glass tissue glue?
You can buy glue for repair work directly from "Lux-X". Our prices for glass-fiber mat glues are available for every buyer. You can find our prices for "Lux" wallpaper glue directly on our site. All our glues are available for delivery within Ukraine.