We are a wholesale-and-production company. But for your convenience, we process orders for adhesives starting from 10 kg.
Painted glass-fiber mat or fiberglass web allows saving energy and time spent on leveling the surfaces of the ceiling and walls during regular remodeling. The application of glass-fiber mats is becoming increasingly important for finishing and strengthening internal surfaces and removing numerous small flaws.
Glass-fiber mat is an environmentally friendly material made from mineral glass fibers and organic resins. It is a continuous nonwoven fabric, consisting of randomly glued fibers, without a marked pattern and having great tensile strength.
"Lux" glass tissue glue
To choose the right adhesive for glass-fiber mat, you need to pay attention to certain characteristics of the product before buying it:
- Despite the fact that glass-fibre mat is a relatively light material, the glue used for pasting it should have very strong adhesion since its function is to withstand the weight of putty and paint applied over the glass-fibre mat.
- The adhesive must be polymer-based as starch-based adhesives cannot tolerate the additional moisture contained in the putty that is applied over the glass-fibre mat.
- The adhesive should contain at least 15% of the main substance – polymer, which determines the strength and durability of the joint as well as moisture resistance.
Prices for Glass Tissue Adhesives
|Container, kg||Price, UAH|
In practice, we often encounter situations where the glass-fiber mat adhesive’s application requirements cannot always be met during remodeling:
- The temperature in the room is higher or lower than recommended for gluing;
- The ready-to-use adhesive is diluted with water at the builders' discretion;
- Cheap putty with high sand content is used to fill glass-fibre mat, doubling the adhesive load;
- Builders try to save time, and don’t wait for complete drying of the surface after gluing the glass-fibre mat and start puttying and painting in less than 24 hours.
Therefore, when developing the recipe for "Lux" wallpaper glue we have laid a certain "safety margin", and its durability has been tested by many years of experience and been confirmed by many craftsmen-builders.
Glass tissue glue application rules
- Prepare the surfaces to be glued, cleaning them of dirt and dust. Perform a "start" surface filler.
- Prime surfaces with "Lux" glue in the ratio of 1 part glue and 2 parts water.
- The special glass-fibre mat glue should be applied directly to the wall, and not to the adhesive tape.
- Lay the linen butt-end, carefully levelling with a spatula.
- After gluing the fiberglass, the surface is again primed with the diluted glue.
- After complete drying, the surfaces are filled with the finish putty, cleaned with a wire lath and primed with the diluted glue.
- The last stage is painting the walls or otherwise decorating the surfaces.
Where can you buy glass tissue glue?
You can buy glue for repair work directly from "Lux-X". Our prices for glass-fiber mat glues are available for every buyer. You can find our prices for "Lux" wallpaper glue directly on our site. All our glues are available for delivery within Ukraine.
Frequently Asked Questions
A product is delivered to a Buyer within five days from the instance of receiving an order from the Buyer.
A product is delivered across the entire territory of Ukraine. With orders in commercial volumes of cold water-based ТМ Lux adhesives and hot melt ТМ ВАМ adhesives, delivery is free-ofcharge. With smaller order volumes, delivery is paid according to carrier service rates..
Lux-X LLC is certified to DSTU ISO 9001:2015 and has all the approval documentation for producing commercial adhesives. The quality guarantee is confirmed by quality certificates for each lot of produced and sold products, and by safety and health certificates.