PVAc adhesives with water resistance class D2, D3 and D4 are the most popular among manufacturers and many experts consider PVAc to be the best glue for wood. Glues based on polyvinyl acetate are excellent for bonding wood surfaces, as furniture or carpentry glue.
- After drying, it becomes transparent.
- Very easy to apply.
- Adhesive film is flexible.
- High adhesive strength.
- Not toxic.
- Dries quickly.
- Has a sufficiently long shelf life.
- Low price compared to other adhesives.
Optimal conditions and applications in accordance with water resistance classes of DIN EN 204:
- D1. Indoor premises, where the temperature only occasionally exceeds 50 ° C for a short time, and the moisture content of the wood does not exceed 15%.
- D2. Indoor premises with periodic short-term exposure to running or condensed water and/or accidental exposure to high humidity, provided that the moisture content in the wood does not exceed 18%.
- D3. Indoor premises with frequent short-term exposure to running or condensed water and / or strong exposure to high humidity. External areas are not affected by weather conditions.
- D4. Indoor premises with frequent long-term exposure to running or condensed water. External areas are affected by weather conditions.
Where is industrial adhesive for wood applied?
- Gluing soft, hard and noble wood.
- Bonding of carpentry products (windows, doors, etc.).
- Bonding of floor coverings.
- Bonding of any species of wood, plywood, MDF, chipboard, fiberboard.
- Bonding of wooden surfaces used in wet premises: kitchens, bathrooms, etc.
Adhesive for wooden furniture "Lux"
- One-component adhesives based on a modified aqueous dispersion of polyvinyl acetate.
- Water resistance is an analog of the classes D2 and D3.
- For indoor premises exposed to short-term effects of running or condensed water and / or long-term exposure to high humidity.
- For gluing furniture and structures inside the premises, paneling, doors, windows, steps, stairs made of wood.
- Water resistance and strength of adhesive joint are confirmed by UkrSEPRO certificate.
- After holding in cold water for 48 hours, and then boiling for 3 hours, the bonded parts have an average strength limit of 10.4 MPa, with a minimum allowable 3.2 MPa.