PVAC glue for squared timbers and lamellas
- Glue for squared timbers
- Technology for adhesive bonding of squared timber
- Glue for bonding of lamellas
- How to glue lamella?
- How to use PVAC Lux glue for gluing lamellas?
- To buy in Ukraine the PVAC Lux glue for squared timbers and lamellas
Glued squared timber consists of boards with width and thickness of 40 mm or more, bonded with adhesive composition. This material is used in house construction, furniture industry, as well as in the production of packing materials.
Glue for squared timbers
Adhesive materials which are used in production of squared timbers differ in composition and characteristics. Use of different adhesive compounds depends on operating conditions of the finished products.
Today, there are 5 types of adhesives for squared timbers:
- PVAC – glue on the basis of polyvinyl acetate with high frost and water resistance according to DIN D2-D4 class. Products of "Lux" company have passed all the testing stages of own-produced PVAC glue and received the certificate EN 204:2001 – water resistance class D3.
- EPI-adhesive system – consists of two components of high-quality dispersion and hardener. The specified system allows to work with different types of wood, the adhesive line can resist not only moisture but also the temperature changes of the water acting on it.
- Melamine glue – has good adhesive properties, the adhesive line is transparent. Such glue is used when humidity level is 80%. The compound includes formaldehyde, which is a toxic substance.
- Resorcinol resin adhesive – forms a dark adhesive line and is intended for products for outdoor use. It also includes formaldehyde.
- Polyurethane is a one-component solvent-based adhesive that forms a transparent and durable line.
Melamine and resorcinol resin adhesives are the least environmentally friendly because of high content of formaldehyde and phenols. They are used for production of bearing constructions of industrial buildings and wide-span beams, for road and railway bridges.
Technology for adhesive bonding of squared timber
Production of glued squared timbers consists of several stages:
- Preparation of wooden workpiecеs.
- Drying of wood in special chambers.
- Secondary processing of wooden workpiecеs.
- Bonding of the workpiecеs.
- Profiling and cutting of cups.
At the first stage of processing the wood is sorted and selected for further work. Then the wood is sawn up and sent for drying.
The temperature regime in the chambers is set to ensure uniform and even drying throughout length of the material. Residual moisture can lead to product deformation and deterioration of setting in the process of bonding. After drying, the boards are sent for calibration.
At this stage, raw workpiecеs acquire necessary smoothness, then they are sawn on multiple saws.
When the above said operations are completed, the wood is sent into special hydraulic presses for bonding, thus forming squared timbers.
Number of layers to be bonded can vary from 2 to 5, which allows to create squared timber of different thickness. Adhesive for bonding of squared timbers is selected depending on the place where the final products will be used and requirements for the final products.
After the adhesive hardens, the squared timber is processed into marketable state. It is chipped and milled on a special bench, glued squared timber is profiled and trimmed.
The final production stage of squared timber is "cutting" of coronated cups with the use of special benches and drilling of holes for dowels, if necessary.
Glue for bonding of lamellas
Along with squared timber, lamellas are a widely used material for production of furniture, particularly for production of beds. It is a veneer from wood of various species made by the method of slicing or sawing.
Owing to slightly bended form, lamellas have several advantages:
- Uniform distribution of loads.
- Eliminates noise and creaks.
- Ventilation and longer service life of bedding.
- Correct position of backbone.
- Simple change of broken lamella.
- Ease of construction with the use of lamellas.
Technological process for manufacturing of lamellas is similar to that for production of glued squared timbers.
Beech, birch, ash tree or maple are the most frequently used types of wood used for production of lamellas. First, wood is sliced in strips, then they are sent for drying under high temperatures. After the wooden workpieces are dried, they are sent for gluing.
How to glue lamella?
For the product to be durable and have necessary strength, lamellar veneer is processed with glue on both sides and placed under a special press.
When choosing glue, it is important to pay attention to its composition, since the adhesive must provide sufficient strength of bonding, at the same time it must safe for constant contact with person.
Adhesive for lamellas on the basis of PVAC is the most common. As it consists of environmentally friendly components, it does not have a strong smell, quickly hardens and provides the necessary strength of bonding.
How to use PVAC Lux glue for gluing lamellas?
The glue PVAC Lux for gluing lamellas before their use should be thoroughly mixed it and, if necessary, partially dilute with water.
The glue is applied as a thin layer on wood and held for a while, then the glued surfaces are joined and kept under pressure in special presses for a while. After gluing with PVAC Lux adhesive, wood does not change color, and the adhesive line remains transparent.
To buy in Ukraine the PVAC Lux glue for squared timbers and lamellas
Experts from the Lux-X company will help you to choose necessary glue for gluing squared timbers and lamellas depending on wood type of and operating conditions.
On our website you can always get acquainted with the range of products, as well as to order a call back.
When buying glue for squared timbers in industrial volumes, free delivery to any region of Ukraine is carried out within a short time.