Application of casein glue in labeling
Natural polymer adhesives or bioadhesives are products made from animal and vegetable raw materials. Despite the fact that since the middle of the 20th century natural glues have been gradually replaced by synthetic glues, some of them are still effectively used in woodworking, printing, packaging, in particular, furniture production, for bonding labels on containers, as well as book bindings, boxes, etc. In addition, thanks to various environmental standards, natural adhesives obtained from renewable resources, are again gaining special attention.
The most popular and often used glue based on natural raw materials is casein. Casein glue is a product obtained by dissolving casein, a protein obtained from milk, in the aqueous solution. Casein is also used to improve adhesion characteristics not only in glues; it can be added to paints and various coatings. Its feature is high adhesion strength and initial grab and tack.
Composition of casein glue and its advantages
It is known that minor changes in the formulation give significant changes in the properties of adhesive products: adhesion strength, drying speed, shelf life. Different types of casein, and even different batches within the range, can lead to different results. Therefore, it is very important to purchase glue from an experienced manufacturer of casein glue, which must balance the formulation to achieve a better compromise in the properties of the finished casein glue.
Advantages of casein glue in labeling
- Provides uninterrupted production processes on filling lines.
- Excellent washability of the returnable packaging, where the label and glue are well removed.
- In bottle washing machines, it does not form insoluble compounds in the cleaning solution and does not foam the solution due to the presence of adhesive residues.
- Ecological, does not cause irritation and allergic reactions.
- Works well on low and high-speed labeling machines.
- Excellent adhesion to wet and cold containers, resistant to condensation.
- Resistant to atmospheric changes: fluctuations in temperature, humidity, exposure to sunlight, etc.
- Does not cause destruction of equipment parts, it does not oxidize.
- Provides an ideal appearance of the product to be glued.
Application of casein glue
The field of application of casein glue in labeling is quite wide.
- The most common application is for labeling beer bottles, since casein glue is particularly resistant to immersion in cold water and easily removed while washing recycled glass containers.
- The adhesive label can be paper, metallized or aluminum foil.
- It is applied for labeling of glass containers in the production of sauces, juices, canned goods, bottling of water.
- When bonding documentary stamps on alcoholic beverage caps, up to 32 mm long.
- When bonding labels overlapping on tin containers; packing canned food or paint and varnish products; on thermoplastic containers in the production of carbonated beverages, drinking water or household chemicals, etc.
Where can you buy casein glue?
If you want to buy casein glue of high quality, we invite you to familiarize yourself with the assortment of adhesives on our website, where you will find the best offers for production. All sections have detailed descriptions of each product, composition, technical characteristics. Thus, you can learn more about the product before purchasing it.
To order glue at the most attractive price, you just need to call the phone numbers on the site, or fill out the feedback form and our managers will contact you. Delivery of the presented assortment of goods is free of charge throughout the territory of Ukraine.