Top 7 questions about hot glue guns
- What makes an industrial hot glue gun different from regular glue guns?
- What types of industrial hot glue guns are available?
- What are common uses for industrial hot glue guns?
- How often should a hot melt gun be replaced?
- How often should I clean my hot melt gun?
- How should my glue gun be stored between uses?
- What are the benefits of using a bulk hot melt glue gun versus a stick version?
- Buy hot melt sticks from Lux-X
Industrial hot glue guns are a common piece of hot melt dispensing equipment used in a variety of industries, such as packaging and construction. Finding the right fit, however, for your application can be a challenge. With that in mind, we have compiled commonly asked questions about these products to help customers.
1. What makes an industrial hot glue gun different from regular glue guns?
An industrial hot glue gun is distinguished by its increased durability and output compared to more consumer-facing models.
2. What types of industrial hot glue guns are available?
These tools come in various forms compatible with a range of melt/output rates and are available to process different diameter glue sticks, with ½ inch being the most popular.
3. What are common uses for industrial hot glue guns?
Hot melts bond a huge range of materials to include paper, wood, metal, glass, and some plastics. Industries including protective packaging, product assembly, home construction, woodworking, food and beverage packaging, and automotive employ industrial-grade hot glue guns. Hot melt does not bond well to certain plastics with low surface energy.
4. How often should a hot melt gun be replaced?
If used correctly and regularly serviced, hot melt guns can last for years without requiring replacement. Not properly cleaning the gun of hot melt residue is a common way guns become jammed or broken. Fortunately, all models we offer can have individual parts replaced versus necessitating a full replacement.
5. How often should I clean my hot melt gun?
Always read the glue gun manual before servicing any tool. There is no set cadence for servicing your hot melt gun. We, however, suggest erring on the side of caution and ensuring all leftover glue gets removed prior to powering down the tool. This will prevent jams and other issues in the future. Likewise, before each use, do a visual inspection of all parts and keep your feed mechanism and melt chamber clear of debris and dust.
6. How should my glue gun be stored between uses?
Minimize potential hazards by keeping your glue gun unplugged when not in use for an extended period of time. Also, be sure to store it in a space that is clean and temperature controlled.
7. What are the benefits of using a bulk hot melt glue gun versus a stick version?
The decision to use a particular hot glue gun depends on your adhesive and end-use, substrates and product requirements, as well as how much money you are willing to invest in machinery. Bulk hot melt guns typically offer cost-savings if you anticipate using quantities of hot melt or applying glue fast. . A drawback of this approach is that the initial price associated with this specialized equipment is higher compared to stick glue-compatible models.
Buy hot melt sticks from Lux-X
Reliable gluing depends primarily on a correct choice of a hot melt glue, whereas ease of working depends on the equipment being used. When choosing hot melt glue sticks take into account the following factors: color, structure of the surfaces to be joined, adhesion strength, setting time and equipment characteristics. To make this task easier for you, we suggest calling a technical specialist at Lux-Х LLC. To receive detailed consultations on hot melt glues, do not hesitate to call us by the telephone numbers on the company’s website or use the callback option.